Tuesday, September 8, 2015

In-fighting

I had an interaction with a retired military person of unknown rank this weekend. I was riding the right tire marking of the lane. He let me know that "somebody" called the cops on him for riding the lane, just as I was doing. One would think he was worried about me!

While seemingly concerned for the safety of himself and our group, he was blowing red lights. On this self-described casual ride, he pushed the pace to 23-25mph. He told me about how the two guys riding with him were also former military down there on vacation. I told him how I'm a single mom of 3 and when his guys stopped with me at the lights, I would catch him again. I can sometimes read a room, so I ditched them for my pretty sunrise pictures...

And then weirdly "somebody" called the cops.

The cop told me to ride the bike lane. He told me that outside the solid white line without any markings is the bike lane. We agreed at least that neither of us wants me to get hit by a car. This is a picture of that bike lane.

Why do you think we fight each other like this?





No comments:

Post a Comment