Thursday, April 30, 2015

Bemusement -- Battle of the Bands



Last night was filled with pre-gaming for the Tour de Fat with the Battle of the Bands. This morning I woke up reading stories about how unsuccessful quiet protests are, and the irony of expecting a repressed society to adhere to quiet protests. Then it hit me, Tour de Fat is my quiet protest. I know that my rights and privileges are not comparable to the victims of hate crimes. I do know that people hate me for simply riding my bike on the road. I have been slushied, threatened with guns, and verbally abused & accosted. Generally, my mode of transportation doesn't align with the 99%. I see the bemusement and antics around the Tour de Fat is my victory over hatred.

Also, I got a new bike.


This guy had rings - one for each of his marriages.




















Dark Water Rising tried to get in on the bike riding, but they took away a chance to perform instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment