Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ice Bike

I woke up Sunday feeling I’d just been released from a tether on a spacecraft. For a while, I was getting towed along by a foreign, unknown craft. Now, I’ve been cut off into space. Who am I? What do I want to do? What is worth my time to do?
Getting out of the house was a necessity, but I didn’t want to drive. I wanted to play and be part of the snowy landscape! I don’t have an ice bike, I have a mountain bike. So that’s what I rode. It took a few falls before I got comfortable with biking like I’m skiing. One big spill almost broke my spirit for the whole idea.
I managed to get to where I was going – yoga & a hot tub. These are numbers 2 & 3 on my favorites list. I ran into some friends from my cycling team at yoga and we all laughed about how I ride my bike everywhere. Over lunch, they convinced me to commit to a couple of triathlons at locations where I love to camp. 
I showed them OUR NEW JERSEYS.
This is what made my day – they got it. When I get on my bike – I am someone. I am me, and this is how I like to be. I am someone’s MOM. I am someone’s PERSON. I just happen to ride a bike.



No comments:

Post a Comment