Thursday, October 2, 2014

Handling Skills

I'm feeling a dally ride. You know, tooling along with a big cup of iced tea in the bottle cage wearing flip flops and still trying to get somewhere (kinda). I'm enjoying the shade of the greenway, making conversation with all of the passersby. I'm probably treating the stripes on the road as maneuvering practice.

I'm waiting dubiously at one of these notoriously ill planned crossings adorned with a miniature sign reading STOP -- it clearly reads as art, not traffic enforcement. A dude wearing no shirt and his pants pulled down way low rides up next to me. He does a quick pedal stand before taking to the 4" sandbar between the road and the puddle. He is headed into traffic on the wrong side of a road with minimal shoulder and no sidewalk. Did I mention he was talking on a cell phone this whole time?

Am I mad about this or do I cheer him on for his handling skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment