Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Only Takes a Second

A week back, a friend texted me that he was worried about me biking on the road. He shared a picture of a hit and run accident in my area. He shuts down my life insurance joke. He knows I won't quit, and he just wants me to be safe. Most people don't understand as well. Riding my bike is just part of me. I don't know any other way to be. 

I've gotten more notice from parents at my kids' school lately too. Randomly, I'll hear a honk or see a waving & smiling face pass. It feels good that my friends are so supportive. I text this same friend and let him know about this good experience I just had biking home from brunch wearing high heels.

I try to ignore the story I hear on the news the next morning. I try to pretend it isn't a familiar road. I try not to know that another cyclist has been killed



No comments:

Post a Comment