Friday, September 23, 2016

Ban Fracking y'all

The other night, I did an exercise. In three phases, you describe your dream in full color detail to another person. You actually put a voice to your heart's greatest desire. We repeated the two minute recitation of what happens a year after achieving this dream, and then ten years later. Unsurprisingly, the first session is touched marked with a lot of fear. If it was easy, wouldn't everyone already be doing it? The second phase for me was way less encumbered. It was exploratory and exciting, and I can't wait to get there. In the third session, I described an altered state of my current life. It's a mirror life to the one I lead now, with a different continent and way of life -- but I'm still me. I have the same values. I have the same moral code. And I'm free.

I tell you this, because I can't wait to get to the beginning, middle, and end of all these pieces. I'm so lucky to live my beautiful life. I'm so enamored with my children, my friends, my job, and my daily. I can clearly see all kinds of ways forward from here.

Just delivered my children and parked my fuel-efficient vehicle to hop on the bike. Yesterday started with yoga and a bagel. Living the dream! (My dreams anyway)

Next step: get the children biking to school. 

Next-next step: paddle boards and trailer. 

Next-next-next step: scuba certs for the kids. 

Next-next-next-next step: sailboat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment