Friday, September 30, 2016

Over the Edge

I signed on with my company in part because of the good they do in the world. The mission and the work have been such a good fit for me. When they said, "who wants to rappel down a building?" I raised my hand. Holy moly, is this what they meant?!

They did mean that. The easy emotion for me was to get excited about it - this is a core part of my personality. Getting geared up? Walking out on to the roof? I was a different person. I was feeble. I let the guides do their work. I was the body on the rope, but they were kind and patient souls getting me to the ground.

The part that changed me was getting a medal from an Olympiad. He talked about how he likes to play basketball in addition to track and field events. He is the brave one.




No comments:

Post a Comment